Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cheesy Cheddar Jalapeno Muffins


My Dad sent me this recipe a few days ago and I just had to try it!  King Arthur makes the original version, although I like mine a bit more spicy and cheesy.  Here are the ingredients I used:

  • 1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
  • 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella 
  • 2 Serrano Peppers
  • 2 Jalapeno Peppers
  • 1 Poblano Pepper
  • 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
  • 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup Fried Onions
Set oven to 400 degrees.  Finely chop serrano, jalapeno, and poblano peppers.  Mix dry ingredients first, then fold in cheese and peppers until well blended.  Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray and fill with batter until the rim is reached.  Bake for 23 minutes.  Once finished baking, remove from cups gently using a fork or small spatula and let cool for 5 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment